PLEASE NOTE: Our pharmacies will be operating on modified hours (posted below) with in-person services available. Physical distancing and mask use are required for in-person services. We also invite you to use our pharmacy delivery services available for any residents living in the DC, Maryland and Virginia area. See updates to our services and hours of operations at whitman-walker.org/covid19services.
Are you a Whitman-Walker patient, or here for the convenience? We always encourage you to use one of our Pharmacies. You’ll always be welcomed by one of our friendly staff members. We are here to help you with your prescriptions and more!
Located in the heart of 14th Street in northwest and near the Big Chair on Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue in southeast, we truly are your neighborhood pharmacy– the most convenient place to fill your prescriptions or grab an over-the-counter medication.
What are the benefits of using our pharmacy at 1525 14th St., NW or 2303 Martin Luther King, Jr. Ave. SE?
- Free home delivery! Call 866.724.1805 to get started!
- We accept most insurance plans including DC Medicaid, AIDS Drug Assistance Program, Maryland AIDS Drug Assistance Program and most Medicare Part D plans.
- We have discounted medication programs that include special pricing for uninsured or underinsured patients, as well as access to copay assistance programs to help reduce your out-of-pocket costs.
- We offer culturally competent specialty care and consultation for the LGBTQ community and those impacted by HIV: whether you take PrEP or hormones or anti-retroviral treatment, we see you and we’ve got your back.
- We also offer tools to help you keep track of when you take your medications, whether you’ve taken them today, and any upcoming refills.
- Customized packaging is available with your medications organized by time of day and day of week.
For patients of Whitman-Walker:
- We can easily connect and coordinate with your care providers and the public benefits and insurance navigation staff to quickly
resolve any pre-authorization or other insurance issues that may arise.
NORTHWEST & SOUTHEAST PHARMACY HOURS
Our pharmacies are available for in-person services. Physical distancing and mask use are required for in-person services. Due to COVID-19, we invite you to use our pharmacy delivery services at this time. Please call with any specific questions, especially if you are unable to use delivery.
Whitman-Walker at 1525 Pharmacy
Monday – Friday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
NW location: 1525 14th St. NW, Washington, DC 20005
Max Robinson Center Pharmacy
Monday – Friday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
For general inquiries, call 202.745.6135
Pharmacy Fax: 202.332.0206
REFILLS OR RENEWALS:
Need a refill of an existing prescription? Are you out of refills on an existing medication and need your medical provider to renew your prescription? Contact your Pharmacy in one several of ways.
- Phone: Call 866.724.1805 and have your 9 digit prescription # handy.
- Online: Use the pharmacy’s online prescription tool. You can submit a quick refill, or create an account to manage all your prescriptions.
- Outside Pharmacy: Call them directly.
Do you have a prescription at another pharmacy that you’d like to transfer to a Whitman-Walker Pharmacy? Here are a couple of ways:
Phone: Call 866.724.1805
Online: Use the pharmacy’s online prescription tool.
RESETTING YOUR ONLINE PORTAL LOGIN
Click here to visit the Pharmacy Member Portal. On the right-hand side you will see a box titled “Log Into Your Account.” In the lower right corner of that box, click the “I forgot my password” button to reset your login in formation.
You may also call the Pharmacy directly at 202.745.6135 for assistance with your password and account issues. A staff member will escalate the issue with a helpdesk advocate and someone will be in contact with you on next steps.
Consult with a Pharmacist:
Our pharmacists are knowledgeable about HIV and HIV medications, as well as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, asthma, and much more. We can also teach you how to use your glucose meter to properly manage and monitor diabetes.
Due to COVID-19, our Pharmacist are available for Consultation via the phone. Please call 202.745.6135 to speak with a Whitman-Walker or Max Robinson Center Pharmacist by following the prompts.
Get help with insurance/benefits:
Don’t have health insurance or prescription drug insurance? Our Public Benefits and Insurance Navigation team can help connect you to coverage. Call 202.745.6151 for more information.
Whitman-Walker Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC) for compliance with a comprehensive set of national standards. By choosing a healthcare provider that has achieved ACHC accreditation, you can take comfort in knowing that you will receive the highest quality of care. If you have any concerns about the product of service that you receive from Whitman-Walker Pharmacy, please click here. You may contact ACHC directly at 855.937.2242. Learn more about ACHC accreditation here.