Become a Patient
- Schedule an appointment by texting 202-978-6123, calling us at 202-745-7000, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fill out a paper registration form at home or click the blue button below for our digital form. Note: If you email us and provide your contact information, we will call you to collect basic information over the phone or send you the form via email to have faxed in or dropped off at a Whitman-Walker 1525 14th Street NW or 2301 MLK Jr. SE location.
- Register over the phone. We will collect and enter basic information over the phone and schedule a New Patient Appointment. You may complete the form when you come in for your appointment.
Send the form back to us by:
- Fax — Please fax to 202.332.1049.
- Mail — Attention: Client Services – 1525 14th St., NW – Washington, DC 20005
- Drop Off — You can bring it into any of our locations and hand it to a Client Services staff member
What to Expect for your First Appointment
During your first appointment you will be asked to:
- Provide a copy of your Health Insurance Card.
- Pay your co-payment.
- Provide a list of all medications and supplements that you are currently taking.
- After becoming a patient, you’ll be able to use our patient portal. Learn More.
Insurance & Payment Options
We accept many commercial and public insurance plans to help keep you engaged in care. Below you will find a list that highlights our accepted insurance plans per carrier.
Please present your insurance card and identification at each visit. Any copayment, and any coinsurance or deductible balance, will be due at the time of your visit. We accept payment by check, credit card, debit card, and cash.
If you don’t qualify for insurance coverage, our Public Benefits and Insurance Navigation Team can assess you for our sliding fee schedule of discounts, which will help you get a discount on your care if you qualify.
To see a list of insurance that we accept, please click the button below.
Don’t Have Insurance?
Our Public Benefits and Insurance Navigation Team will be happy to talk with you about your health insurance options, walk you through enrollment, or answer any of your questions. Call 202.745.6151 to speak with a team member today!
Public Benefits and Insurance Navigator appointments are available on an appointment basis. Call us at 202.745.6151 to start your screening and to schedule an appointment during our below open hours for insurance navigation services:
- By, appointment – Whitman-Walker Health, 1525 14th St., NW
- Monday-Friday | 8:30 am – 5:00 pm (Insurance Navigation Services closed 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm on Thursdays)
- By, appointment – Whitman-Walker at LIZ, 1377 R St. NW
- Monday through Friday | 8:30 am – 5:00 pm (Insurance Navigation Services closed 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm on Thursdays)
- By, appointment – Max Robinson Center, 2301 Martin Luther King Jr., Ave., SE
- Monday-Wednesday, Friday | 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
***(Insurance Navigation Services closed on Thursdays)
Please plan to meet with the Public Benefits and Insurance Navigation team at least one business day before your first appointment. This timing will help us make sure everything is in place administratively.
Billing and Payments
If you are given a bill for care you received, payments may be made in person, by phone by calling 202.797.3524, or they may be mailed to:
Attention: Patient Health Billing
1377 R St. NW
Washington, DC 20009
How To Make a Payment Online
Visit Whitman-Walker’s Patient Portal. To access the portal, click the “Patient Login” button in the top right corner of this page. Click on the box labeled “Latest Statement.” This will permit you to enter your debit or credit card information to make a payment.
If you have questions about your insurance or a bill for services, you may call 202.797.3524 or email email@example.com.
View Whitman-Walker Health’s COVID-19 screening and evaluation costs by clicking here.