The legal team can advise on a variety of immigration issues, including:

  • Asylum – applying for right to stay for persons facing persecution in their home country
  • Adjustment – applying for Lawful Permanent Resident status (otherwise known as a “green card”) for eligible applicants
  • Naturalization – applying to become a US citizen for eligible Lawful Permanent Resident applicants
  • Employment Authorization Document (EAD) – filing for a work permit for those with a temporary lawful status, or pending application for permanent status that allows for employment authorization
  • Family Petitions – applications for Lawful Permanent Resident status for certain close family members of US Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents
  • Advance Parole – requesting permission to travel temporarily outside of the U.S. for people with certain types of temporary status or pending applications
  • Refugee Travel Documents – a document similar to a passport for people with approved asylum or refugee status so that they do not have to travel using their passport from the country where they were persecuted
  • Re-entry Permit – applying for Lawful Permanent Residents who need to travel outside the US for a long period of time because of a specific reason such as work, study abroad, or family illness to avoid abandoning their residence
  • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) – allowing persons who arrived in the US as children, to obtain work permits
  • Temporary Protected Status (TPS) – allowing persons to stay following a natural disaster or civil conflict in their home country
  • U-visa – applying for the right to stay for victims of certain crimes in the U.S. who cooperate with law enforcement
  • T-visa – applying for the right to stay for human trafficking victims
    VAWA Petitions – self-petitions for people who have been abused by a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident family member
  • Removal Defense – representation in immigration court for removal or deportation proceedings
  • Special Immigrant Juvenile Status – applying for the right to stay for children who have been abandoned, abused, or neglected by at least one parent
  • Certificates of Citizenship – requesting a certificate of citizenship to update immigration records for individuals who already became a U.S. citizen automatically as a child
  • Name & Gender Marker Immigration Updates – applications for transgender clients to replace and update name/gender marker on immigration documents including work permits, green cards, citizenship/naturalization certificates, and travel documents

Contact Us

Call us at 202.939.7630 or e-mail us at if you need help with this legal issue. Our intake staff will talk with you over the phone to see if we can assist you. We are available online Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.