Our mission is to attract, recruit, retain, train and reward employees who believe in the mission of Whitman-Walker Health and whose behavior and performance will help the organization meet its strategic objectives.
About Human Resources at Whitman-Walker Health:
We believe that a center for excellence in health care needs the best, brightest, and most committed employees to advance our mission. Whitman-Walker Health currently employs nearly 200 people and will be growing substantially over the next year. We believe that the right people best enable us to be a great health center and hope that you might be one of them!
Why work at Whitman-Walker Health:
- Extremely committed to the patients and clients we serve
- Make a difference every day
- Great benefits
- Tight knit staff with support and camaraderie across departments
- Strong multi-disciplinary team
- Work-sponsored social events
If you need assistance accessing the career page or otherwise applying for a position, please contact Carole Schor, our Director of Human Resources, at 202-797-3559 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE NOTE: at this time, accessing our careers site using Google Chrome is malfunctioning. We are working to resolve this issue. In the meantime, please use IE, Firefox, Safari, etc. to apply.
At Whitman-Walker Health (WWH), we believe that the investment we make to provide benefits to our employees are among the most important dollars spent. Our benefits offered include:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision coverage options.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical and dependent Care)
- Employer-paid life insurance & AD&D
- Employer-paid disability insurance
- Vacation (accrue 3 weeks 1st year) / Sick leave (accrue 2 weeks 1st year)
- Ten (10) paid holidays
- Parental leave
- Personal leave (2 days per year)
- Domestic partnership benefit
- Transit benefit
- 403(b) Savings Plan with matching starting in employee’s second year
- Discounted memberships available to VIDA, Washington Sports Club, Bodysmith, and Capital Bike Share
Training and Professional Development Opportunities:
- Tuition Reimbursement, up to $2,000/year
- Continuing Education Funds, up to $500/year
Our Hiring Process:
- After your application is submitted, we submit all resumes to the Hiring Manager for review.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified at that time.
- Should you be selected as a final candidate, you will be asked to fill out an extensive application for employment, including a background check.
- If you are selected as a new employee, you will be made a verbal offer by either the Hiring Manager or HR, with a formal offer letter to follow via email.
- Prior to your first day of employment, you will be required to obtain a TB test from WWH. You will not be allowed to start work without it.
- It’s your first day!! Welcome and prepare for a day of new hire orientation and orientation within your department.
Senior Human Resources Generalist
Nile Franks joined Whitman-Walker in August 2015 with 10 years of experience in the human resources field. Throughout her career, Franks has served as a high level administrative assistance for... Read More
Director of Human Resources
202.797.3559 | e-mail
Carole Schor joined Whitman-Walker in 2012 and oversees all Human Resources functions including recruitment, retention, compensation, benefits, employee/labor relations and training, and organizational development. She brings to Whitman-Walker 27 years... Read More