Health & Wellness / COVID-19 Screening and Evaluation Costs
COVID-19 Screening and Evaluation Costs
Whitman-Walker Health (WWH) is offering screening and evaluation for COVID-19. If you have symptoms related to COVID-19, please call us at 202.745.7000 to schedule an appointment.
For COVID-19 screening and evaluation in our COVID-19 Respiratory Clinics, we are seeing:
- Patients who are insured with insurance that WWH accepts.
- People with insurance that WWH does not accept.
- People who are uninsured will not be charged, but will be asked to sign an Attestation form confirming they are uninsured.
- Uninsured patients under 200% of the Federal Poverty Level who provide documentation may also be eligible for Whitman-Walker Health’s Sliding Fee Discount Program.
For all uninsured individuals, Whitman-Walker Health will bill the costs of screening, evaluation, and treatment through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS) COVID-19 Uninsured Program and will not bill the patient.
Whitman-Walker is not collecting any co-payments, coinsurance, or deductible at the time of service for COVID-19 screening and evaluation appointments. For those with insurance we accept, after the insurance plan processes the claim, if a patient balance remains, we will send a statement in accordance with the insurance plan’s guidance.
As a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), we are required to post our fees for COVID-19 screening and evaluation services, the fees are:
- Evaluation Visit: $104.90
- COVID-19 Test: $100
- COVID-19 Antibody Test: $50 (Ordered through primary care telehealth visit and done at LabCorp testing site)
- Follow-Up Visit (if needed): $104.90
*Visits may be in person or through telehealth based on medical triaging.
Need Help? If you are uninsured or need help understanding your insurance options, Whitman-Walker Health has a team of Public Benefits and Insurance Navigators who are on call through WWH’s Insurance Helpline at 202.745.6151 Monday through Friday during business hours.