Search Programs

Having identity documents, Social Security, and other legal records that accurately reflect one’s actual name and gender is critical for transgender and gender-expansive people. At Whitman-Walker Health we can help!


We assist clients from DC, Maryland, and Virginia with obtaining name changes and gender marker changes on their legal documents including updating licenses, birth certificates, Social Security records, passports, school records and more.


We offer Name and Gender Change Clinics in collaboration with TransLAW, where trained attorneys meet one-on-one with people to provide counseling and assistance with the name and gender change processes, including obtaining court orders, changing drivers’ licenses, passports, birth certificates, and other identity documents and public records. We can also help clients to collect needed letters from your medical providers and to seek assistance with court fees, where appropriate.


Looking for more information? Check out our Guides, Forms and FAQs section of the website. Click “Load More” to view all available documents.


No Comments

Post A Comment

You might also be interested in

    Let's Keep in Touch

    Get the latest Whitman-Walker Health community news delivered to your inbox!