Search Programs

The legal team can advise on a variety of immigration issues, including:


  • Asylum – applying for right to stay for persons facing persecution in their home country
  • Adjustment – applying for Lawful Permanent Resident status (otherwise known as a “green card”) for eligible applicants
  • Naturalization – applying to become a US citizen for eligible Lawful Permanent Resident applicants
  • Employment Authorization Document (EAD) – filing for a work permit for those with a temporary lawful status, or pending application for permanent status that allows for employment authorization
  • Family Petitions – applications for Lawful Permanent Resident status for certain close family members of US Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents
  • Advance Parole – requesting permission to travel temporarily outside of the U.S. for people with certain types of temporary status or pending applications
  • Refugee Travel Documents – a document similar to a passport for people with approved asylum or refugee status so that they do not have to travel using their passport from the country where they were persecuted
  • Re-entry Permit – applying for Lawful Permanent Residents who need to travel outside the US for a long period of time because of a specific reason such as work, study abroad, or family illness to avoid abandoning their residence
  • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) – allowing persons who arrived in the US as children, to obtain work permits
  • Temporary Protected Status (TPS) – allowing persons to stay following a natural disaster or civil conflict in their home country
  • U-visa – applying for the right to stay for victims of certain crimes in the U.S. who cooperate with law enforcement
  • T-visa – applying for the right to stay for human trafficking victims
  • VAWA Petitions – self-petitions for people who have been abused by a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident family member
  • Removal Defense – representation in immigration court for removal or deportation proceedings
  • Special Immigrant Juvenile Status – applying for the right to stay for children who have been abandoned, abused, or neglected by at least one parent
  • Certificates of Citizenship – requesting a certificate of citizenship to update immigration records for individuals who already became a U.S. citizen automatically as a child
  • Name & Gender Marker Immigration Updates – applications for transgender clients to replace and update name/gender marker on immigration documents including work permits, green cards, citizenship/naturalization certificates, and travel documents


Call us at 202.939.7630 or e-mail us at if you need help with a listed legal issue. Our intake staff will talk with you over the phone to see if we can assist you. We are available online from Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.


No Comments

Post A Comment

You might also be interested in

    Let's Keep in Touch

    Get the latest Whitman-Walker Health community news delivered to your inbox!