With news and best practices for COVID-19 prevention changing rapidly each day, we continue to update our services to reflect prevention recommendations. Please check here for the most up-to-date information.
Please note that we are experiencing extremely high call volumes. Callers may experience longer than normal wait times. Our highest call volume times are from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm, Monday through Friday. If you are having trouble getting connected via phone, please email email@example.com for support. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Whitman-Walker will operate in-person COVID-19 testing clinics to test and treat folks who are affected by COVID-19 at 1525 14th Street, NW and at Max Robinson Center at 2301 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue, SE. If you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 or have been around someone showing symptoms or who has tested positive for COVID-19, it is extremely important that you get tested for COVID-19.
You Can Get Tested for COVID-19 at Whitman-Walker if you:
- Are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19
- Are not showing symptoms, but have been in mass gatherings, protests or spaces where you cannot practice social distancing
- You have been around someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call our main line at 202.745.7000 to schedule a same-day or next-day appointment for testing and symptomatic treatment.
Our COVID-19 testing includes collecting samples through nasal swabs and saline. This test is not an antibody test and only looks for whether you are currently infected with COVID-19. For antibody testing to find out if you were ever exposed to COVID-19, please call DC Health at 1.855.363.0333. Find a testing location in DC at needatestgetatest.com.
To reduce risk of exposure to COVID-19, please do NOT arrive more than 15 minutes early for your appointment.
Whitman-Walker Health has the COVID-19 vaccine available and is contacting Whitman-Walker patients to schedule vaccination appointments. Interested in scheduling a COVID-19 vaccine appointment at Whitman-Walker Health? Call us at 202.207.2480.
As of August 13, 2021, the CDC recommends that people with moderately to severely compromised immune systems receive an additional dose of mRNA COVID-19 vaccine at least 28 days after a second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. Call Whitman-Walker Health for vaccine questions at 202.207.2480.
As of August 23, 2021, the FDA has fully approved the Pfizer vaccine for use in people ages 16 and older.
You can find information on COVID-19 vaccine walk-up locations, at-home vaccinations and eligibility at vaccinate.dc.gov, or by calling 1-855-363-0333. Track the speed of COVID-19 vaccination lines by visiting coronavirus.dc.gov/dontwait.
- All DC residents ages 12 and up are now eligible to receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
- All DC residents residents who are 16 and older are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
- DC Health professionals are required to get vaccinated against COVID-19.
- As of August 16, 2021, DC will require all DC healthcare workers to have received at least the first dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or the one-dose Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine by September 30, 2021.
If you are a Maryland resident, learn more about the Maryland vaccine distribution process and schedule a vaccination appointment at COVIDlink.maryland.gov, or by calling 855-634-6829. If you live in Prince George’s County, visit their vaccination registration portal here. If you live in Montgomery County, visit their vaccination registration portal here, or call 240-777-0311 to schedule an appointment.
- All Maryland residents ages 12 and up are now eligible to receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
- All Maryland residents residents who are 16 and older are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
If you are a Virginia resident, learn more about the Virginia vaccine distribution process and schedule a vaccination appointment at vaccinate.virginia.gov, or by calling 877-829-4682.
- All Virginia residents ages 12 and up are now eligible to receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
- All Virginia residents residents who are 16 and older are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
Scheduling your vaccine appointments:
Please note, if you get your first COVID-19 vaccine dose at a location other than Whitman-Walker, you can schedule your 2nd dose through Whitman-Walker.
Please visit your state’s local health department website for more information about eligibility and scheduling for vaccination appointments.
Have questions about the COVID-19 vaccine? We encourage our patients and the community, including those living with HIV, to learn more about the vaccine at CDC.gov/coronavirus.
People living with HIV were included in the Moderna and Pfizer vaccine clinical trials when researching the effectiveness of the vaccines. See our COVID-19 vaccine frequently asked questions and answers here. Can’t find an answer to your question? Email email@example.com.
Talk to Your Provider:
If you are currently getting chemotherapy for cancer, are a transplant patient, are currently pregnant or breastfeeding, or have a history of severe allergies, we encourage you to speak to your provider before getting vaccinated.
After You Get Your Vaccine, Use V-Safe!
After you get your vaccine, be sure to sign up for V-Safe to receive post-vaccination check-ins and surveys so you can report any symptoms or side effects. Learn more about V-Safe, and how to access it here.
Even after getting vaccinated, it is extremely important that you continue to practice prevention efforts like keeping a 6-ft distance from others, wearing a mask that covers both your nose and mouth, and cleaning your hands often with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Medical & Dental Care:
Whitman-Walker provides medical and dental appointments at 1525 14th Street, NW. Medical and dental appointments, and HIV/STI testing appointments are available at Max Robinson Center. We also provide HIV/STI testing and sexual health clinic appointments at Whitman-Walker at 1525. Please call 202.797.4439 to schedule an HIV/STI testing appointment at our northwest or southeast locations.
During the COVID-19 crisis, we will have on-call medical providers for the urgent medical needs of our patients. Visits will be conducted remotely through video or audio telehealth or in-person. Visit www.whitman-walker.org/telehealth
for support in navigating your video or audio telehealth appointment.
You can access your video telehealth appointment with just one click! Whitman-Walker is able to provide care services via video and audio telehealth appointments. During a telehealth visit, a medical provider may decide that you need an in-person visit to best serve your health needs. If so, they will schedule you for an in-person visit through our urgent medical, dental or sexual health clinic appointments.
The Whitman-Walker pharmacy lobbies at 1525 14th Street, NW, and 2303 Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue, SE, are open, have social distancing and required mask use for the public. Please call our pharmacy team directly at 866.724.1805 Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Hours of Operation
Updated Health Center Hours for Urgent Care & COVID-19 Testing – All By Appointment ONLY:
- Whitman-Walker 1525 14th Street, NW Health Center:
- Monday – Thursday: OPEN 8:30 am – 12:30 pm & 1:30 pm – 5:30 pm
- Fridays: OPEN 8:30 am – 12:30 pm & 2:30 pm – 5:00 pm
- Max Robinson Center at 2301 Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue, SE:
- Monday – Thursday: OPEN 8:30 am -12:30 pm & 1:30 pm – 5:30 pm
- Fridays: OPEN 8:30 am – 12:30 pm & 2:15 pm – 5:30 pm
- Whitman-Walker at LIZ at 1377 R Street, NW, Suite 200:
- Mondays & Wednesdays: OPEN 9:00 am – 12:15 pm & 1:45 pm – 4:30 pm
- Tuesdays & Thursdays: OPEN 9:00 am – 12:15 pm & 1:45 pm – 5:30 pm
- Fridays: OPEN 9:00 am – 12:15 pm & 2:45 pm – 4:30 pm
Due to COVID-19, walk-ins are not allowed. All visits are by Appointment-Only. Call 202.745.7000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. Call 202.797.4439 to schedule an HIV/STI testing or sexual health appointment.
Updated Pharmacy Hours:
- Whitman-Walker Pharmacy at 1525 14th Street, NW:
- Monday-Friday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Saturdays: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Max Robinson Center Pharmacy at 2303 Martin Luther King, Jr. Ave, SE:
- Monday-Friday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Whitman-Walker offers the following services via video or audio telehealth. Contact information for these services can be found below:
- Emergency PEP Services – 202.797.4439
- PrEP Clinic – 202.939.7690
- Newly Diagnosed with HIV – 202.797.4437
- Entering HIV Care for the First Time – 202.797.4437
- GMHW Sexual Health Clinic – 202.745.6175
- Medical Care – 202.745.7000
- Behavioral Health (Therapy & Psychiatry) – 202.939.7623
- Legal Services – 202.939.7630
- Public Benefits and Insurance Navigation – 202.745.6151
- Care Navigation – 202.745.7000
- Gender Affirming Navigation – 202.797.4457
- Youth Care Navigation – 202.207.2360
- Peer Support – 202.939.7646
- Max Robinson Center HIV/STI & Pregnancy Testing Appointments on Mondays – 202.543.9355
- Northwest and Southeast DC HIV/STI Testing Appointments – 202.797.4439