How You Can Help Us Help the Community
Whitman- Walker serves as a beacon within our community for high quality, compassionate care. When you make a gift to Whitman Walker , you help us cover the difference between actual costs of providing our wider range of services and the income Whitman- Walker receives from participating insurers.
Most importantly, your gift allows us to treat all members of our community in need, regardless of their ability to pay for services.
Below are some examples of how your investment helps Whitman-Walker help the community:
- $5,000 pays for one week of our twice a week free STD Clinic.
- $2,500 helps us pay for 15 one-on-one mental health counseling sessions for individuals in need.
- $1,200 helps pay for 25 complete HIV/STD tests.
- $500 pays for one “outing” of our testing van.
- $300 helps pay for six hours of group therapy for women in our ‘coming out’ sessions.
- $150 pays for one hour of couples therapy.
- $100 pays for one complete oral examination and treatment, with fluoride
- $50 covers the cost of one pap smear
- $25 helps our community health team distribute 50 safer sex kits
- $10 helps us make one home delivery of life-saving medication to our homebound patients